Chris Lane, Prosecuting Attorney
Chris Lane is currently the elected Prosecutor in Floyd County after being selected by the Floyd County Republican Party to succeed longtime Prosecutor Keith Henderson in August of 2020. Prior to becoming Prosecutor, Lane was Floyd County Chief Deputy for over three years.
Lane was raised in New Albany and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Communications from IU Southeast in 1995. He received a Master of Science in social work in 1997 and graduated with a Juris Doctor, cum laude from Capital University Law School in 2003.
He was admitted to law practice in Indiana in 2003, Kentucky in 2005 and worked in the Prosecutor’s Office from 2005 to 2009 before returning in 2017 in the role of Chief Deputy Prosecutor for Henderson. As the Chief Deputy, Lane handled all major criminal litigation, including murder, domestic violence, and major drug offenses. He also had the responsibility to manage major provisions in the office budget and provided continuing education to law enforcement agencies.
Prior to his service as a Prosecuting Attorney, Lane had a private law practice where he litigated complex governmental legislation and financial issues in State and Federal Court. He also previously served as the Greenville Town Attorney, the attorney for the Floyd County Council and as a member of the Floyd County Election Board.
He and his wife, Dr. Christina Lane, live in New Albany Township with their four children. Dr. Lane owns Growing Kids Pediatrics, a local medical practice with 20 employees. Chris and Christy are active members of Southeast Christian Church and are both marathon runners.
Elizabeth Stigdon, Chief Deputy Prosecutor
Liz joins the office with ten years of experience as a Deputy Prosecutor. Liz has a wide range of trial experience from felony drug dealing cases to felony Domestic Battery and Operating While Intoxicated prosecutions. She was previously the Domestic Violence and Child Support Prosecutor for Scott County and was most recently a member of the Ohio Valley Crime Suppression Task Force for the Jefferson County Prosecutor’s Office where she handled various case types.
Liz is a graduate of the University of Indianapolis where she ran track. She has enjoyed coaching track from middle school to the collegiate level at Hanover College. She completed law school at Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis where she met her husband Josh. Josh is an attorney with Houston, Thompson, and Lewis, PC. They have two children together and enjoy boating and any time spent together doing outdoor activities.
Justin B. Brown, Lead Misdemeanor Deputy Prosecutor
- Floyd County Deputy Prosecutor 2017-Present
- Indiana Department of Child Services: 2016-2017
- Jones Ward, PLC: 2015-2016Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP: 2014-2015
- Admitted to practice: 2015-Indiana, 2014-Kentucky
- University Of Louisville –Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, J.D., 2014,cum laude
- Western Kentucky University, B.A. in History, 2008,cum laude
Matthew E. Ely, Deputy Prosecutor
- Floyd County Deputy Prosecutor 2003-Present
- Admitted to practice: 2003-Indiana
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 2003
- Indiana University Bloomington, B.A. in History, and B.A. in Political Science, 1997
Jerome F. Jacobi, Deputy Prosecutor
- Floyd County Deputy Prosecutor 2016-Present
- Admitted to practice: 1979-Indiana
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 1979
Amanda Kelly, Deputy Prosecutor
- Floyd County Deputy Prosecutor 2019-Present
- Admitted to practice: 2018-Indiana
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., 2017
- James Madison University, B.A. in Political Science, 2014
Gretchen Ragains, Deputy Prosecutor
- Floyd County Deputy Prosecutor 2021-Present
- Admitted to practice: 2016-Kentucky, 2021-Indiana
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Indiana University Bloomington, B.A. in Spanish, 2012
- Louisville Metro Public Defender 2016-2021